Electronic Health Record Administrator
CHC is eager to add a full time Electronic Health Record (EHR) Administrator to our staff. This is an IT position. An employee in this role will maintain the software for our electronic health record system (Avatar) for outpatient services provided in a multi-disciplinary outpatient clinic for children and families. The EHR Administrator manages all technical aspects of the system including, but not limited to, configuration of data collection instruments/screens using the EHR system’s built-in utilities configuration tool and the writing of Crystal Reports to augment the system’s library of existing reports. The position requires the management of system back-ups, installing patches and upgrades, and coordinating workstation installation.
The ideal candidate has:
- Two or more years of related experience working for a provider of behavioral health/social services or a high-tech company providing EHR/billing solutions to healthcare organizations
- B.A. or B.S. degree. Technology major is ideal but not required.
- Knowledge of computer applications in data management.
- Understanding of the connections among clinical service provision, documentation, and billing.
- Knowledge of EHR needs of all end-user groups (i.e., clinical service, administration, financial service, health records).
- Ability to use Crystal Reports software.
- Knowledge of SQL language.
- Time management skills with ability to set and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to EHR systems.
- Familiarity with systems development, testing and implementation process and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team (collaboration with others, group work, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to produce well-written documentation for end users.
- Ability to demonstrate maturity, leadership, flexibility and creativity in the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume/c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word or PDF format.