Sand Hill School – Special Education Teacher
The Sand Hill School teacher possesses a passion for teaching children who learn differently and team teaches a class of ten students with learning and attention/focus issues. With appropriate support, the Sand Hill School teacher is responsible for designing a personalized program for each student that leads to increased student outcomes and successful transition to a typical classroom.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years of classroom teaching experience
- Master’s degree in relevant field (will consider if enrolled in a graduate program with a projected date of completion). May consider candidates with Master’s degree in relevant field and current teaching credential
- Special Education certification
- Training in core programs including one or more of the following: Slingerland, Lindamood Bell, Orton-Gillingham, Fundations, Language!, Making Math Real, Math A Way of Thinking, Math Their Way, Math Solutions training, Step Up to Writing, Basic Tenets Positive Behavior Support Systems
- Ability to create a written weekly planner detailing instruction and class schedule
- Ability to conduct comprehensive review of each student’s file and conversations with parents in order to develop a written personalized plan for each student
- Ability to take time to reflect on instruction in order to continually deliver effective instruction; note reflections in student’s file as adjustments and interventions are implemented
- Ability to formally and informally assess each child to fully understand the student’s strengths and challenges; document in each student’s file
- Ability to collaborate with teaching partner and other educators throughout the school and Children’s Health Council in order to deliver effective instruction and ensure students are reaching their learning goals
- Ability to plan instruction to meet multiple modes of learning (instruction, student expression and student engagement) as evidenced in written weekly planner
- Ability to recognize each student’s strengths and teach according to a strengths-based profile for each student
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume/c.v. to email@example.com in Microsoft Word or PDF format.