For all clinical positions, Children’s Health Council (CHC) provides a team-like work environment with the following benefits:
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical benefits for full-time employees (including those working at 75% FTE)
- Malpractice insurance
- Clinical consultations and collaboration with colleagues of various disciplines
- Computers and technical support
- Furniture, rooms with one-way mirrors, toys and office supplies
- Storage of medical records
- Reimbursement for mileage and expenses
We are eager to expand our staff by adding a licensed Psy.D., Ph.D., LMFT, or LCSW to our team. Our therapists are responsible for assisting families seeking help from CHC in the most caring and supportive manner. Of particular importance to us is recruiting a Clinician to do group, individual and family work at our clinic in Palo Alto and in the community (schools, home, etc.). Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Opportunities are available for full time, part time or fee for service work.
The ideal candidate is:
- An expert generalist practitioner working with kids ages 3-18.
- Experienced in working with young children and children with autism.
- Experienced in working with kids with diagnoses such as ADHD, OCD, ODD, Learning Disabilities, Depression, Anxiety and Autism Spectrum Disorders who have challenges with social skills, emotional regulation, self expression, attention and/or organization.
- Experienced in providing ongoing individual and family therapy.
- If doctoral level, must also have assessment experience with children ages 3-18.
- Able to and proficient in developing strategies with clients, teachers and families to teach alternative replacement behaviors/coping strategies that meet the same function as the behaviors that are interfering with their functioning.
- Sensitive, warm and collaborative with parents and other professionals
- Trained in behavioral analysis (preferred but not required)
- Focused on making sure the parent is part of the treatment team
- Uses evidence based practices
- Comfortable giving presentations to parents and other professionals
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume/c.v. to email@example.com in Microsoft Word or PDF format.