Esther B. Clark School Impact & Outcomes 2014-2015
Esther B Clark School
Total kids served
64 (up 10% from 2013-2014)
- The RULER curriculum from Yale University on Social Emotional development was instituted across all classrooms
- Pre and Post Behavioral Rating Scales (BASC) on an aggregate showed only minimal statistical gains and were fraught with potential inconsistencies (such as different assessor, lack of standardized terminology in completing the scale, etc.)
- Collaborative completion of CAFAS mental health and functional questionnaire between parent and therapist were completed for students in their 2nd year and above but have yet to be scored.
- Continued Increase in referrals during the second semester necessitated the opening of the 8th classroom for fall of 2015
- Of the total of 20 students who left EBC by the end of the school year, 80% went to a less restrictive setting.