All evaluations including one-day evaluations begin with a first appointment to plan the evaluation. You and the specialist will:
- Clarify concerns to be explored in an evaluation and establish priorities.
- Determine the best format for the child to receive evaluation (one-day or over the course of several days).
- Identify which disciplines need to be involved in an evaluation.
- Consider whether or not a school or home observation is also needed.
- Discuss how to prepare your child for getting an evaluation.
- Each professional meets separately with your child and makes every effort to put your child at ease.
- When appropriate, you may be able to observe your child during the evaluation through a one-way mirror.
- With access to hundreds of testing instruments, we determine the appropriate testing for your child based on your questions and priorities.
- After completing the evaluation with your child, the evaluating team of specialists meets to share their findings and make recommendations.
- The evaluation team leader meets with you to discuss findings, diagnosis ( if appropriate) and to present the team’s recommendations.
- A written report will follow within seven days.