American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry [web resource]
The mission of American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is to promote the healthy development of children, adolescents, and families through advocacy, education, and research, and to meet the professional needs of child and adolescent psychiatrists throughout their careers.
Go directly to AACAP’s resources for families and youth:
Or explore AACAP’s Resource Centers:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Resource Center
- Anxiety Disorders Resource Center
- Autism Resource Center
- Bipolar Disorder Resource Center
- Bullying Resource Center
- Child Abuse Resource Center
- Conduct Disorders Resource Center
- Depression Resource Center
- Disaster Resource Center
- Military Families Resource Center
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder Resource Center
- Substance Use Resource Center
AACAP also partners with members in advocacy efforts at the federal and state levels to improve policies and services for children and adolescents with mental illness.
The Getting Help section of the site offers guidance on choosing a child and adolescent psychiatrist, a Medication Guide designed to help individuals make informed decisions about childhood and adolescent depression treatment, an ADHD Parents’ Medication Guide, and Autism Spectrum Disorder: Parents’ Medication Guide.
Have questions? CHC can help. To schedule an evaluation or to get advice, call or email a CHC Care Manager at 650.688.3625 or email@example.com