Educational specialists evaluate students for learning strengths and weakness, including learning disabilities. They also provide specialized tutoring. Their training and experience helps students overcome problems related to the way a student learns. Read more about the foundational problems they address in specialized tutoring.
Areas of expertise include: learning differences, inattention, ADHD, anxiety, depression and autism spectrum disorders as these issues relate to learning.
Ann Lyke, MEd
Ann specializes in educational evaluations and treatment for school-age children. She has completed all Making Math Real courses and has a particular fondness for helping kids who are anxious about learning math. Ann also leads animal-assisted therapy programs at Children’s Health Council.
Education and Degrees
- BS, Mills College (Psychology)
- MEd, North Carolina State University
- Council for Exception Children
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- CHC Employee Excellence Award, 2006
- CHC Employee Excellence Award, 2008
Articles in the CHC New Futures newsletter:
- Homework Pains, Fall 2005
- School Related Assessments, Fall 2007
- Tips to Maintain Academic Skills During Summer, Summer 2008
Gina G. Baldi, MEd
Parent Trainer of the Early Support Program for Autism (ESPA)
Gina has over fifteen years of experience working with children and their families. Prior to joining Children’s Health Council, she was the Director of Early Intervention at Pacific Autism Center for Education (PACE) and Area Director for Easter Seals Bay Area – Autism Program. Gina spent much of her time training and empowering parents to support their child’s skill development on all levels. She also trained and supported teams of developmental therapists, behavioral interventionists and teachers to develop successful programs for children on the Autism Spectrum. Gina has worked extensively coordinating services with several agencies and organizations in the Bay Area. She was thrilled to join the team at Children’s Health Council to continue to offer parent training through ESPA. Gina grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and is still debating which baseball team to route for – Giants or Cardinals. When not working, Gina enjoys family, hiking and exploring SF.
Education and Degrees
- MEd, University of Missouri, St. Louis
- BS, University of Missouri, St. Louis
- National Board Certified Counselor
Jill Glover, MEd
Jill provides intervention and support to students in early literacy, reading comprehension and vocabulary, writing and math. Jill discovered her passion for Special Education as Program Director of a learning center where she worked with children with learning difficulties and academic challenges. Tailoring curriculum to fit the needs of each child, Jill learned how to use children’s strengths and interests to help them enjoy learning and feel successful.
Rosalie Whitlock, PhD
Rosalie Whitlock spent nine years on Children's Health Council's Board of Directors--two of those years as Chairman--before becoming executive director.
In her 25+ years' experience, Dr. Whitlock has become a leader in learning. As Head of Charles Armstrong School for 11 years, she led the development of cutting-edge curriculum to help kids with learning differences succeed based on their strengths. Dr. Whitlock's experience has given her an intimate understanding of parents' concerns and the impact on the whole family when a child struggles with learning differences, anxiety, ADHD or autism.
Dr. Whitlock is a former member of the International Dyslexia Association's Board of Directors and is also a founding and current board member of Parents Education Network (PEN).
Education and Degrees
- PhD, University of Maryland (Diagnostic and Prescriptive Teaching in Mathematics and Reading Education)
- MA, University of Maryland (Education)
- BS, Ohio State University (Elementary Education)
- Current Member of Board of Directors, International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- Past-president and Current Member of Board of Directors, Children's Health Council (Palo Alto, CA)
- Current Member of Board of Directors, Parents Education Network (PEN)
- Current Member of Board of Advisors, D.C. Prep (Washington, D.C.)
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)