ADDitude Offers Free Webinar on Behavioral Parent Training
The presenter is Carla Counts Allan, Ph.D., a psychologist who specializes in using evidence-based psychosocial treatments for children and adolescents with ADHD.
Behavioral Parent Training
Behavioral parent training (BPT), a well-studied and well-established first-line treatment plan for children with ADHD with results to match its expert pedigree.
Behavior therapy operates on a simple set of rules: Parents and other adults in a child’s life set clear behavior expectations. They praise and reward their child’s positive behavior — and discourage negative behavior through fair, immediate, and consistent consequences. In return, they get long-term improvements in their child’s behavior, communication, and problem-solving skills.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How behavior parent training works to solve persistent challenges
- What changes parents can expect to see in their children
- How to tell if your child’s behaviors are getting better (or worse)
- How and when to consider adding additional treatments, such as medication
- When to talk with your child’s doctor about starting a BPT program
- The many types of BPT programs and which might be best for your child
There will be an opportunity to post questions for the presenter during the live webinar.
Register to attend the free online webinar. If you are not available on September 5, you can register to receive a replay link after the webinar.