CHC Holiday Closure and Resources If You Need Help
Winter wishes to you!
So we can better serve children, teens and families in 2017, our staff is enjoying some well-deserved downtime with family and friends this holiday season. Therefore, our offices will be closed from December 24, 2016 through January 2, 2017. CHC will reopen on January 3, 2017.
CHC hopes you will enjoy the week off from school and work, as this can be a wonderful time for rest, relaxation, fun and family.
Strategies to Help with Stress
We know too that the week can be stressful! Here are some strategies to help!
- Use the skills you are learning in therapy.
- Take a break, walk and/or exercise — all are ways to reduce stress and tension.
- Call a friend or trusted family member.
- Read these helpful tips from NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
Available 24/7 if the situation becomes a crisis and you need help right away:
- Call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or urgent care center
- Anyone (kids, teens and adults) can text the Crisis Text Line: Text BAY to 741741
- Call Uplift Mobile Crisis team at (408) 379-9085 or toll-free (877) 412-7474
- Chat via a Web browser
- Call National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1 (800) 273-8255
If this is not a crisis situation, but a pressing one that cannot wait for our return on January 3, 2017, CHC will have an “on-call” clinician available to offer you some brief guidance. While this person will not be intimately aware of your situation/family, she/he can help you with problem solving.
From all of us at CHC, we hope you have a safe, relaxing and wonderful holiday season.