CHC July 4th Help Resources
Holiday greetings! This July 4th holiday, our staff will be enjoying some well-earned down time.
Our offices in Palo Alto and San Jose will be offering limited staffing from July 3, 2020 – July 5, 2020 and will have full coverage again beginning July 6th.
We hope you too will enjoy time off from school and work, for rest, relaxation, fun and family – while staying safe!
Help During the Holidays
If you need help right away, please see the Stress & Crisis Resources below.
If you need a refill on a prescription you already have, call 650.326.5530 and press option 4 and that will link you to our psychiatric on-call service.
Strategies to Help with Stress
We know also that this time can be stressful! Here are some strategies to help.
- Use the skills you are learning in therapy.
- Take a break, walk or exercise — all are ways to reduce stress and tension.
- Call a friend or trusted family member.
- Consider this advice from CHC: Stop Running and Other Holiday Tips for You and Your Teen
- Read these Tips for Managing the Holiday Blues from our friends at NAMI.
Stress & Crisis Resources
Can’t wait until your appointment? Please refer to these 24/7 crisis lines for immediate help.
- Dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or urgent care
- Santa Clara Crisis Line: 855.278.4204
- San Mateo Crisis Line: 650.579.0350
- San Francisco Crisis Line: 415.781.0500
- Crisis Text Line: 800.273.8255 or Text BAY to 741741 (Anyone can send a message! Kids, teens and adults.)
- Star Vista’s Crisis Hotline: 650.579.0350
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800.273.8255
- Uplift Mobile Crisis Team: 408.379.9085 / toll-free 877.412.7474
- Alum Rock Mobile Crisis: 408.294.0579
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat
- OnYourMind Teen Chat (M-Th, 4:30-9:30 pm): onyourmind.net