Stress & Crisis Resources
The following resources are available 24/7 unless otherwise noted:
- Dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or urgent care
- Crisis Text Line: Text BAY to 741741 (Anyone can send a message! Kids, teens and adults.)
- Star Vista’s Crisis Hotline: 650.579.0350
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 273-8255
- Uplift Mobile Crisis Team: (408) 379-9085 / toll-free (877) 412-7474
- Alum Rock Mobile Crisis: 408.294.0579
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: crisischat.org
- OnYourMind Teen Chat (M-Th, 4:30-9:30 pm): onyourmind.net
Help is here.
If something just doesn’t seem right and you want to spend a little time with an expert, please call us. Care Managers can arrange a free 30-minute Care Consultation so you can explore options with an expert. 650.688.3625 or Español 650.688.3650.
Meet the Care Managers at CHC
Care Managers are the first point of contact for all new families interested in coming to CHC. When you call for help, a Care Manager from our team will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have. If you decide to move forward with services, we’ll match you with the best specialist for your child, set up your first appointment and guide you through the process.
Need a Forensic Specialist?
Children, parents, and families who are involved in court proceedings (e.g., custody disagreements, high-conflict divorces) present with unique circumstances that require clinicians who are adept at maneuvering both the mental health system and also the legal system. This is a specialty in the mental health field known as forensic psychology. None of the clinicians at CHC are forensic specialists. We encourage those families who have mental health concerns and legal involvement to reach out to forensic psychologists and neuropsychologists.
Find a forensic specialist in your area: