Your First Visit
First In-person Appointment
To help us understand your child, we’ll ask for information on all aspects of your child’s life, including family, school, peers, developmental history and more. We’ll ask about the issues that led you to Children’s Health Council, what you’ve tried and where things currently stand. At the end of the visit, the specialist will advise you on the next steps, which may include one of our services, recommendations for home or school, an outside referral or simple reassurance that you’re on the right track.
Preparation for First Appointment
- While not necessary, if you have school records, previous assessment reports or anything else you think might help us better understand your child, please bring these items to your first appointment.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment to register. Arriving late may cut into your appointment time.
- You may either complete and print first-appointment forms in advance of your appointment (we advise saving time by completing forms at home), or we will provide them for you to complete in our office.
- After you register, your specialist will be notified and meet you in our lobby.
- After your appointment, the specialist will introduce you to a financial counselor to arrange payment or to create a payment plan.
Learn more about our cost, insurance policies and financial aid.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
We ask for 24-hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you do not contact us, you may be billed for your appointment.
CHC is a HIPAA-compliant organization. We take your privacy seriously and ask you to complete the authorization forms listed above.