May Is Mental Health Awareness Month
Mental Health Awareness Month is an opportunity to educate the community about mental and behavioral health issues, promote access to care and treatment, and reduce the stigma associated with mental health challenges.
2020 is a difficult, stress-filled time for many of us. The coronavirus pandemic is causing a surge in mental health concerns. We are all in this together, and CHC is here to help. The following resources are available to support you and your family.
Free online sessions and virtual parent support groups addressing parenting, family, shelter in place, taking things off your plate, talking to kids about COVID-19 and more. Does your school or organization have specific parent or teacher education needs? Arrange a free 30-minute virtual consultation with our Community Connections Director, Cindy Lopez to discuss options. firstname.lastname@example.org
CHC’s Online Learning and Mental Health Resource Library
Free 30-minute virtual consultation with a licensed psychologist to discuss concerns about your child. Email email@example.com. Be sure to ask about our special support groups for teens and young adults. See a full list of additional teletherapy options at www.chconline.org.
Learning and Education
Free 30-minute virtual consultation with Chief Schools Officer, Chris Harris, or Assistant Head of School, Heather Whitlock to discuss your child’s learning needs. Email Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Stress and Crisis Resources
For immediate assistance, the following resources are available 24/7 unless otherwise noted:
- Dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or urgent care
- Crisis Text Line: Text BAY to 741741 (Anyone can send a message! Kids, teens, and adults)
- Star Vista’s Crisis Hotline: 650.579.0350
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 273-8255
- Uplift Mobile Crisis Team: (408) 379-9085 / toll-free (877) 412-7474
- Alum Rock Mobile Crisis: 408.294.0579
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: crisischat.org
- OnYourMind Teen Chat (M-Th, 4:30-9:30 pm): onyourmind.net