Anna Parnes, PhD
Dr. Parnes provides individual, family and group therapy, and psychological assessment for children and adolescents. Dr. Parnes is committed to promoting resilience and healthy development in children and adolescents. She has experience providing therapy and assessment for children and adolescents with anxiety, depression, trauma, disruptive behavior, ADHD, adjustment difficulties, academic challenges, learning differences, chronic medical conditions and autism spectrum diagnoses. During her free time, Dr. Parnes likes spending time outdoors and enjoying time with friends and family.
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Community Psychology Specialization, DePaul University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, DePaul University
- BA, Psychology, Stanford University
- California Board of Psychology (Psychologist)
- Various presentations regarding child and adolescent development, positive parenting strategies, anxiety and depression
- McMahon, S. D., Coker, C., & Parnes, A. L. (2013). Environmental stressors, social support, and internalizing symptoms among African American youth. Journal of Community Psychology, 41(5), 615-630.