Casey Loughran, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Casey is a licensed clinical social worker with experience working with children, adolescents and adults facing challenges related to trauma, anxiety, depression, identity development, gender, sexuality, racial identity, self-esteem, relational and attachment conflicts, ADHD, autism, parenting, and perinatal mental health. Casey’s clinical approach integrates psychodynamic psychotherapy with trauma-informed, evidenced-based practices (CBT, DBT, ACT, MI), focusing on the therapeutic relationship and the client’s inherent strengths as sources of change.
By offering a warm, safe and curious space, Casey collaborates with her clients to understand how one’s thinking, behaviors, and interactions have become challenging and painful. She supports individuals and families in working through barriers that impinge on one’s ability to live fulfilling and connected lives.
- Postgraduate Fellow, Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis
- MSW, Smith College School for Social Work
- BA in Psychology, University of California, San Diego
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Commonwealth of Massachusetts LICSW 000120605
- Loughran, C. (2017) Transformative Holding: A Reflection on the Legacy of the Smith School for Social Work Thesis. Smith College Studies in Social Work, 87(4), 361-365. doi:10.1080/00377317.2017.1372356
- Depp, C. A., Loughran, C. I., Vahia, I., & Molinari, V. (2010). Assessing psychosis in acute and chronic mentally ill older adults. In P. A. Lichtenberg (Ed.), Handbook of assessment in clinical gerontology (2nd ed.) (pp. 123-154). San Diego, CA US: Elsevier Academic Press. doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-374961-1.10005-3
- Depp, C. A., Loughran, C. I., & Palmer, B. W. (2012). Neuropsychological considerations in older adults with schizophrenia. In B. A. Marcopulos, M. M. Kurtz (Eds.), Clinical neuropsychological foundations of schizophrenia (pp. 141-158). New York, NY US: Psychology Press.
- Palmer, B.W., Loughran, C. I., & Meeks, T.W. (2010). Cognitive Impairment among Older Adults with Late-Life Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder. Continuum Lifelong Learning in Neurology (Dementia issue). (pp. 135-152). Pennsylvania: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Loughran, C. I., Dawes, S. E., Jeste, D. V., & Palmer, B. W. (2009, March). Caregiver Distress and Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Alzheimer’s Disease. Poster presented at the 11th International Congress on Schizophrenia Research, San Diego, CA.
- Loughran, C. I., Savla, G. N., Jeste, D. V., & Palmer, B. W. (2009, June). Relationship of Specific Executive Test Scores to Capacity to Consent to Research on Psychosis. Poster presented at the 21st Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Science, San Francisco, CA.