Casey Strauss, MA
A Chicago native, Casey is new to the area this past summer. She got her start in education teaching Junior High, and since then has had many experiences that has shaped who is she as a teacher today. Last year was her first year teaching at Rush Hospital’s therapeutic day school as a special education teacher after seventeen years as a general education middle school teacher. In her spare time, Casey can be found buried in a good book, at a yoga class or making a mess in the kitchen. She is looking forward to exploring California and getting to learn aside her students this upcoming school year.
- Undergraduate degree in Elementary Education, University of Iowa
- Master’s degree in Education, National Louis University
- Learning Behavior Specialist coursework and endorsement
- National Louis University
- Licensed in middle school education, general education, LBS1 (Licensed behavior specialist certification), certified in language arts