Madison Sunnquist, MA
Doctoral Psychology Intern
Madison is a Doctoral Intern in Clinical Psychology at CHC and Packard’s Children’s Hospital at Stanford. She enjoys working with children and adolescents who have a wide range of behavior and emotional challenges. Madison loves learning about her clients’ unique interests and activities in order to incorporate them into therapy sessions and treatment strategies.
- BS, Indiana University
- MA, DePaul University
- In Progress: DePaul University, PhD
- Society of Pediatric Psychology (APA Division 54)
- DePaul University, Doctoral Research Fellowship (2019)
- Society of Pediatric Psychology, Student Travel Award (2018)
- DePaul University, Graduate Research Fund (2016, 2019)
- DePaul University Psychology Department, Best Research Advice Aware (2016)
- Sunnquist, M., Skelly, C.L., & Drossos, T. (April, 2019). The relation between surgical outcomes and perceived pain in pediatric median arcuate ligament syndrome (MALS): The role of pain coping strategies. Poster presented at the Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Katz, L., Sunnquist, M., Garagozzo, A., Scott, M., & Hunter, S. (2018, October) Neuropsychological Functioning Following Methotrexate Neurotoxicity Stroke in an 11-Year-Old Female with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Pediatric Grand Rounds presentation conducted at the National Academy of Neuropsychology annual conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Sunnquist. M. & Jason, L.A. (2016, October). A reexamination of the cognitive behavioral theory of CFS. Paper presented at the biennial meeting of the International Association of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- (For full list of publications, please see: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=QoS_ekQAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao)
- O’Connor, K., Sunnquist, M., Nicholson, L., Jason, L.A., Newton, J.L., & Strand, E.B. (2019). Energy envelope maintenance among patients with ME and CFS: Implications of limited energy reserves. Chronic Illness, 15, 51-60.
- Jason, L.A., & Sunnquist, M. (2018). The development of the DePaul Symptom Questionnaire: Original, brief, and pediatric versions. Frontiers in Pediatrics. https://doi.org/10.3389/fped.2018.00330
- Jason, L.A., Holtzman, C.S., Sunnquist, M., & Cotler, J. (2018). The development of an instrument to assess post-exertional malaise in patients with ME and CFS. Journal of Health Psychology. Advance online publication. doi:10.1177/1359105318805819
- Sunnquist, M., & Jason, L.A. (2018). A reexamination of the cognitive behavioral model of chronic fatigue syndrome. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 74(7), 1234-1245. doi: 10.1002/jclp.22593
- Sunnquist, M., Huber, K.A., & Jason, L.A. (2018). Identifying subtypes of ME and CFS: A rebuttal. Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior, 6(4), 237-238.
- Huber, K.A., Sunnquist, M., & Jason, L.A. (2018). Latent class analysis of a heterogeneous international sample of patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome. Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior, 6(3), 163-178. https://doi.org/10.1080/21641846.2018.1494530
- Strassheim, V., Sunnquist, M., Jason, L.A., & Newton, J.L. (2018). Defining the prevalence and symptom burden of those with self-reported severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME): A two phase community pilot study in the North East of England. BMJ Open. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2017-020775
- Jason, L.A., McManimen, S., Sunnquist, M., & Holtzman, C. (2018). Patient perceptions of post-exertional malaise. Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior, 6(2), 92-105. https://doi.org/10.1080/21641846.2018.1453265