Marlene Tamayo, AMFT
Marlene has been a dedicated mental health service provider in underserved Bay Area communities in a non-profit, outpatient mental health setting since 2009. Marlene has a background in social work and experience serving individuals and families in the monolingual Spanish-speaking, deaf/hard-of-hearing and LGBTQ+ communities.
Marlene utilizes interventions grounded in cognitive-behavioral therapy, reflective practice and mindfulness to support clients in building emotional regulation skills to develop their ability to engage meaningfully in relationships with others. Marlene believes individuals have the tools necessary to overcome challenges internally and provides a safe, therapeutic environment in order to support a client’s ability to access these internal resources and progress towards their therapeutic goals.
- MA, Counseling Psychology with emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy, University of San Francisco
- BA, Social Work, San Jose State University
- Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist #95145
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Spanish, American Sign Language