Nicole Ofiesh, PhD
Director of Schwab Learning Center
Nicole Ofiesh, PhD is a cognitive behavioral scientist with expertise in the intersection of learning and adulthood. With a focus on “the missing middle”, the time between high school and retirement, she believes an understanding of how cognition and the brain is associated with learning and performance is critical to preparing people for the needs of the 21st and 22nd centuries. She has been in hundreds of K-college classrooms and corporations over the years teaching and mentoring educators, administrators and professionals from line workers to medical doctors. She is Director of the Schwab Learning Center at CHC. Dr. Ofiesh has taught classes on assessment, instruction, design thinking and neurodiversity, and universal design for learning at the University of Arizona, Stanford University, Cal State East Bay and Providence College.
- PhD, Penn State University, Special Education: Learning Disabilities
- MA Special Education, San Francisco State University
- BA, Psychology, Sacramento State University
- Educational Therapy Certificate, Education Specialist Teaching Credential
- Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD), Fellow of the International Academy of Research on Learning Disabilities, Editorial Board of the Journal of Learning Disabilities