Nova Consunto, MS, CCC-SLP
Nova found her passion for children with special needs when she worked as a paraprofessional in a special education classroom in San Francisco, CA. The eye-opening experience, paired with her love for language, led her to pursue a career in speech-language pathology.
Prior to joining Children’s Health Council, Nova has focused her career on working with toddlers and school-aged children with speech and language delays in private practice settings. Her areas of interests include child language disorders, articulation and phonological disorders, social language/pragmatics disorders and language-based literacy disorders. Nova takes pride in making therapy sessions fun, creative and engaging for her clients. She also strongly believes in the value of working closely not only with her clients, but also their families, teachers and other support staff members in order to make a huge impact towards their goals. In her free time, Nova loves to travel, eat seafood and soak up the sun at the beach.
- MS, speech-language pathology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA, psychology with a minor in human development, University of California, Davis
- California State License in Speech-Language Pathology SP #22559
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Tagalog (Filipino)