Rosalie Whitlock, PhD
Chief Executive Officer
In her 30-plus years’ experience, Rosalie Whitlock, PhD, has been a passionate and tireless advocate for kids and families. Dr. Whitlock has been serving as Chief Executive Officer at CHC for the past ten years. Before becoming Executive Director, she spent nine years on CHC’s Board of Directors—two of those years as Board Chair. Under Dr. Whitlock’s transformational leadership, CHC has become a collaborative community leader in education and mental health, providing innovative and collaborative practices to reduce stigma around ADHD, LD, Anxiety & Depression and Autism—assuring that all kids, teens and young adults have a chance to reach their full promise and potential.
Prior to her work at CHC, Dr. Whitlock was head of Charles Armstrong School for 11 years and led the development of cutting-edge curriculum to help kids living with learning differences succeed based on their strengths. This experience gave her an intimate understanding of parents’ concerns and the impact on the whole family when a child is living with learning-based differences and/or mental health matters.
Dr. Whitlock is a former member of the International Dyslexia Association’s Board of Directors, is a founding member of Parents Education Network (PEN) and was the Executive Director of the Accelerated School Project at Stanford University in their School of Education.
- PhD, Diagnostic and Prescriptive Teaching in Mathematics and Reading Education, University of Maryland
- MA, Education, University of Maryland
- BS, Elementary Education, Ohio State University
- Executive Director of Children’s Health Council
- Head of Charles Armstrong School
- Vice-President of Product Development of elementary and secondary textbook programs for a major educational publisher
- Executive Director of the Accelerated School Project at Stanford University
- Adjunct faculty in special education at Notre Dame de Namur University
- Teacher in inner city schools
Professional Affiliations and Additional Information
- Former Member of Board of Directors, International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- Past-President and Current Member of Board of Directors, Children’s Health Council
- Current Member of Board of Directors, Parents Education Network (PEN)
- Current Member of Board of Advisors, D.C. Prep (Washington, D.C.)
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)