Dr. Whitlock spent nine years on Children’s Health Council’s Board of Directors–two of those years as Chairman–before becoming Executive Director.
In her 25-plus years’ experience, Dr. Whitlock has become a leader in learning. As Head of Charles Armstrong School for 11 years, she led the development of cutting-edge curriculum to help kids with learning differences succeed based on their strengths. Dr. Whitlock’s experience has given her an intimate understanding of parents’ concerns and the impact on the whole family when a child struggles with learning differences, anxiety, ADHD or autism.
Dr. Whitlock is a former member of the International Dyslexia Association’s Board of Directors, is also a founding and current board member of Parents Education Network (PEN) and was the Executive Director of the Accelerated School Project at Stanford University in their School of Education.
- PhD, Diagnostic and Prescriptive Teaching in Mathematics and Reading Education, University of Maryland
- MA, Education, University of Maryland
- BS, Elementary Education, Ohio State University
- Former Member of Board of Directors, International Dyslexia Association
- Past-president and Current Member of Board of Directors, Children’s Health Council
- Current Member of Board of Directors, Parents Education Network
- Current Member of Board of Advisors, D.C. Prep
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Learning Disabilities Association of America