Mental Health Facts: Children and Teens [downloadable]
Did you know that 1 in 5 teens between the ages of 13 and 18 have or will have a serious mental illness? Or that 50% of all lifetime cases of mental illness begin by age 14 and 75% by age 24?
Mental health is essential to one’s overall health and well-being, and mental illnesses are common and treatable. This infographic from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) provides the latest facts and figures about children’s and teens’ mental health.
Download a PDF of this infographic.
Source: National Alliance on Mental Illness |Infographics & Fact Sheets, https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Fact-Sheet-Library | Copyright © 2019 NAMI
Stress and Crisis Resources
For immediate assistance, the following resources are available 24/7 unless otherwise noted:
- Dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or urgent care
- Crisis Text Line: Text BAY to 741741 (Anyone can send a message! Kids, teens, and adults)
- Star Vista’s Crisis Hotline: 650.579.0350
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 273-8255
- Uplift Mobile Crisis Team: (408) 379-9085 / toll-free (877) 412-7474
- Alum Rock Mobile Crisis: 408.294.0579
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: crisischat.org
- OnYourMind Teen Chat (M-Th, 4:30-9:30 pm): onyourmind.net
A screening can help you determine if you or someone you care about should contact a mental health professional. Clinical Services Coordinators can arrange a free 30 minute Care Consultation so you can explore options with an expert. Call or email our Clinical Services Coordinators at 650.688.3625 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an initial Consultation appointment.