62% Have Apprehensions About Life “Returning To Normal” Post COVID-19 Pandemic
One-year into the COVID-19 pandemic and even with the light of the vaccine on the horizon, a majority of Americans are still fearful, according to a new national survey of 1,000 U.S. adults.
- 74% say pandemic life has increased their use of technology
- 70% have or know someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- 62% are afraid of getting COVID-19
- 25% would stop being friends with someone if they knowingly exposed them to COVID-19
- 68% will get the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible to do so
- 62% have apprehensions about life “returning to normal”
March 2020 vs. March 2021
Healthinsurance.com began conducting monthly consumer pulse surveys in March of 2020. For this month’s survey, we asked five of the original questions to see if any perceptions changed. Cost of care was a concern then and is still a concern now. 41% would think twice about seeking medical care for COVID-19 due to cost; that’s up 5% from March 2020. 74% say pandemic life has increased their use of technology, and telemedicine falls into this category. 77% say they are familiar with telemedicine; a 26% increase from March 2020. 47% report using telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic; a whopping 422% increase since March 2020. This could explain why there is a 14% increase in confidence of the technology. 40% feel that telemedicine visits are as good as “in-person” doctor office visits.
Resuming Normal Life
Six in ten say they have apprehensions about life “returning to normal”. 41% say they still won’t feel comfortable indoors without a mask even if everyone is vaccinated. For some it’s bitter sweet; 39% say there are things about “pandemic life” that they will miss. But the number one thing everyone is most looking forward to doing – 29% say hanging out with friends and family; followed by 22% who say they are most looking forward to not having to wear a mask.
- 41% still won’t feel comfortable indoors without a mask even if everyone is vaccinated
- 39% say there are things about “pandemic life” that they will miss
- 29% are most looking forward to hanging out with friends and family
- 22% are most looking forward to not having to wear a mask
- 19% are most looking forward to going on vacation
Source: Cision | 62% Have Apprehensions About Life “Returning To Normal” Post COVID-19 Pandemic, https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/62-have-apprehensions-about-life-returning-to-normal-post-covid-19-pandemic-301250735.html |Copyright © 2021 Cision US Inc.
Do you need someone to talk to? To schedule an evaluation or to get advice about your child’s challenges, call or email a CHC Care Manager at 650.688.3625 or email@example.com CHC teletherapy services are available now.