Anti-Asian Violence Resources [web resource]
Since COVID-19 became news in the United States, hate speech and violence against the Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) community has spiked.
We can encourage you to explore the following resources to learn more about history of anti-Asian racism, why it is on the rise, and the steps we can all take to address it.
- StopAAPIHate.org (Asian Pacific Planning & Policy Council, Chinese for Affirmative Action, and the SFSU Asian American Studies Department)
- Anti-Asian Violence Resources (Crowdsourced collection of resources—news articles, mental health, educational resources, social media, allyship, and more)
- Addressing Anti-Asian Racism With Students (Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center interview with Liz Kleinrock, an anti-bias educator and consultant based in Los Angeles, California)
- Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit (a collaboration of 15 grass roots organizations)
- Resources for Teaching About Race and Racism With The New York Times (A curated collection of over 75 lesson plans, writing prompts, short films and graphs relating to racism and racial justice)
To schedule an evaluation or to get advice about your child’s challenges, call or email a CHC Care Manager at 650.688.3625 or firstname.lastname@example.org CHC teletherapy services are available now.
CHC offers free community education sessions for educators. Join us to learn practical teaching strategies you can use in your classroom to help more kids reach their promise and potential.