Director, Community Connections
Cindy has worked in K-12 education for about 30 years – as a teacher, an administrator, in public and private schools – most recently focused on kids who learn differently. Cindy believes that each one of us is different and different is good. She has had the opportunity to have thousands of conversations with parents, kids, teachers, community members and more. She is honored to lead CHC’s community education and engagement work and host CHC’s Voices of Compassion podcast series. Outside of school, Cindy enjoys watercolor painting, walking her two Golden Retrievers and spending time with family and friends.
- BS, Child Development/Family Studies, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- California Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential
- Specialized training in reading intervention programs: Lindamood-Bell, Fundations (Wilson language program)
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)