George Alex Lazo, PsyD
Dr. George “Alex” Lazo is a licensed clinical psychologist who has established a meaningful vocation centered on serving children, adolescents, families and caregivers. He graduated with a BS in Psychobiology at the University of California, Davis, at which he obtained specialized training in settings focusing on child abuse intervention and treatment, Autism Spectrum Disorder research and pediatric medicine. His doctoral degree is in Clinical Psychology, completed at Fuller Theological Seminary in the School of Psychology. He also earned a MA in Crosscultural Studies from the School of Intercultural Studies at Fuller, which has been formative in his awareness of and approach to multiculturalism and diversity issues such as spirituality, mental and material poverty, sexuality and cultural transformation. His previous work in home and school-based settings through play therapy has sharpened his competencies in addressing development, parenting, social support, advocacy, empowerment and mental health education. Dr. Lazo’s close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in non-profit, medical settings has been crucial in providing effective outreach and behavioral interventions for concerns related to stress, caregiver-child conflict, LGBT-related and specific issues and various difficulties impacting mood/functioning.
Self-care and fun are important to Dr. Lazo, who enjoys spending time with family and friends, gathering around food, practicing health and fitness, traveling as often as possible and spoiling his miniature schnauzer.
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD), Clinical Psychology, Fuller Theological Seminary
- MA, Crosscultural Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary
- Psychobiology, University of California, Davis
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PSY29901), California Board of Psychology
- Professional Speaker Panel, Topic – Autism Awareness & Acceptance, Saint Mary’s College (2017)
- Professional Presentation, Topic – Social Support: A Positive Model, Orion Academy (2015)
- Professional Presentation, Topic – Grief and Loss: Children, California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles (2015)
- Poster Presentation, Title – Religiousness and Sexual Beliefs about Gender Roles, Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (2014)
- Doctoral Dissertation, Title – Religious Commitment, Comfort with Sexuality, and Sexual Dysfunctional Beliefs, Fuller Theological Seminary (2014)