Vidya Krishnan, MD
Head of Adolescent Mental Health Services and Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Dr. Krishnan brings a wealth of clinical experience to her role at CHC. She believes in a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and treatment of mental health issues. She aims to facilitate a mutually collaborative approach to care with a strong emphasis on therapeutic interventions to complement the use of medications. She works to build a team of caregivers with common goals, frequently involving multiple stakeholders with an aim to utilize the various resources available in the community. She is passionate about the importance of improved access to mental health services and strives to work in diminishing the stigma surrounding mental illness at the individual, family and community level.
Prior to Children’s Health Council, she worked for almost 10 years in a group psychiatry practice. There she treated children, adolescents, transitional and college age youth, adults, couples, and families while providing them with appropriate therapeutic support and indicated medications. When not working, Dr. Krishnan can be found immersed in a book (she remains firmly old school in this matter, despite being in the Bay Area). Besides being an avid reader, she enjoys cooking and is always on the lookout for new vegetarian recipes to experiment with. Dr. Krishnan also sits on the board of Taarika Foundation, a Bay Area non-profit working to raise awareness about mental health issues in children and adolescents.
- MB, BS, Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India
- MD (General Psychiatry), LTMMC and LTMGH, University of Mumbai, India
- Psychiatry Internship, Duke University Medical Center, Duke University School of Medicine
- General Psychiatry Residency, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Medical Board of California, A96938
- Board Certified in General Psychiatry
- Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Northern California Regional Organization of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Hindi and Tamil
- May 2018, part of a parent education series at Lincoln Elementary School in Cupertino for Taarika Foundation
- Self-Esteem and the Growth Mindset: How to learn from failure?