Learning Differences — Anxiety and Depression [downloadable]
Did you know that 1 in 5 kids has a learning difference—and 40% of kids with learning differences (LD) also have a mental health condition, such as anxiety or depression? Learn more about intersection of learning differences and anxiety and depression and the ways in which CHC can help.
A few more facts
- LDs affect a student’s ability to receive, process and/or communicate information, including emotions.
- LD kids also face stigma, self-doubt, shame and struggles in school.
- 40% of LD kids also have a mental health condition like anxiety or depression.
- 1/3 of LD kids also have ADHD.
- Up to 30% of students with ADHD also have a learning difference.
- Inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity compound stigma, self-doubt, shame and struggles in school.
- Over 60% of people with ADHD also have a mental health condition like anxiety or depression.
We encourage you share this information! Use the buttons at the top of this page to share on social media or email. You can also download this infographic.
CHC is here for you. Sign up for the CHC Virtual Village to receive weekly email updates about upcoming news, events and resources related to your interests.
Have questions? CHC can help. To schedule an evaluation or to get advice about your child’s challenges, call or email a CHC Care Coordinator at 650.688.3625 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: 1in5, adhd, anxiety, CHC, depression, downloadable, inattention, learning differences, mental health