American Academy of Pediatrics HealthyChildren.org [web resource]
The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 66,000 pediatricians committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. In 2009, the AAP launched HealthyChildren.org to provide parents with health information from a trustworthy source.
HealthyChildren.org is divided into multiple sections, including:
- Ages & Stages: Information on the health issues of infants through adolescents, including interactive content on developmental milestones
- Healthy Living: Up-to-date guidance on fitness, sports, oral health, emotional wellness and nutrition
- Safety & Prevention: Preparing for health scenarios that occur at home, school and on the go, as well as in-depth information on the immunizations children need to stay healthy
- Family Life: Guidance on working with your primary care physician, family dynamics, the impact of media on children, and keeping children safe at work and play
- Health Issues: An A-to-Z list of hundreds of health care topics
Also check out the Tips and Tools area of the site, which includes app recommendations, Q & A with pediatricians, a symptom checker, e-newsletters and magazine, webinars, and more. Many HealthyChildren.org resources are also available in Spanish.
If you have concerns about your child, you can arrange a free 30-minute Care Consultation to explore options with an expert. We invite you to call or email our Clinical Services Coordinators at 650.688.3625 or email@example.com to set up an initial Parent Consultation appointment.