Challenge Success: Create a More Balanced and Academically Fulfilling Life for Your Kids [web resource]
Challenge Success partners with schools, families, and communities to embrace a broad definition of success and to implement research-based strategies that promote student well-being and engagement with learning.
We all want our kids to do well in school and to master certain skills and concepts, but our largely singular focus on academic achievement has resulted in a lack of attention to other components of a successful life—the ability to be independent, adaptable, ethical, and engaged critical thinkers. Challenge Success’s work helps to foster learners who are healthy, motivated, and prepared for the wide variety of tasks they will face as adults.
Here are four ways that schools can partner with Challenge Success to gain practical, research-based solutions that increase student well-being and engagement with learning.
- Join our School Program for a year-long experience to explore research-based best practices and tools from Challenge Success staff and a cohort of 50 other schools. A multi-stakeholder team from your school will attend our Fall and Spring Conferences and work with our coaches throughout the academic year to develop a site-specific action plan for positive school change.
- Administer Student Surveys and Parent Surveys to gather multiple perspectives and identify strengths and areas for school improvement.
- Host professional development on topics including: Making Homework Work, Well-Balanced Student, and College Fit & Engagement.
- Host parent education workshops highlighting the parent’s role in supporting balanced, engaged children.
Parents play a crucial role in developing and supporting healthy, engaged children. Challenge Success offers parents tools and information to help raise kids who will be happy, healthy, meaningful contributors to the world around them.
- Parenting tips
- Back-to-school tips
- Digital media tips and resources
- Annual parent education event
There is a tremendous amount of information available on policies and practices that support student well-being and engagement with learning, but it can be time-consuming and confusing to sort through it all. You can use this collection of resources to help you find trusted research and effective programs for families and schools.
- School resources
- Crisis information
Care Coordinators can arrange a free 30 minute Care Consultation so you can explore options with an expert. We invite you to call or email our Care Coordinators at 650.688.3625 or email@example.com to set up an initial Parent Consultation appointment.