The New Adolescence: Raising Happy and Successful Teens in an Age of Anxiety and Distraction
The New Adolescence is a handbook for parents that offers road-tested, science-based solutions for raising happy, healthy, and successful teenagers.
In this book, you’ll find practical guidance for:
- Providing the support and structure teens need (while still giving them the autonomy they seek)
- Influencing and motivating teenagers
- Helping kids overcome distractions that hinder learning
- Protecting them from anxiety, isolation, and depression
- Having effective conversations about tough subjects–including sex, drugs, and money
The New Adolescence is available from Amazon and other booksellers.
The author, Christine Carter, Ph.D., is a Senior Fellow at the Greater Good Science Center at U.C. Berkeley. Carter also wrote The Sweet Spot: How to Accomplish More by Doing Less (Ballantine Books, 2015), and Raising Happiness: 10 Simple Steps for More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents (Random House, 2010).
A screening can help you determine if you or someone you care about should contact a mental health professional. Care Managers can arrange a free 30-minute Care Consultation so you can explore options with an expert. Call or email our Care Managers at 650.688.3625 or email@example.com to set up an initial Consultation appointment.