Wise Words from Winnie the Pooh
Written by Cindy Lopez, Director, Community Connections
I have always been a big fan of Winnie the Pooh—so much wisdom and inspiration from a stuffed bear.
Here are some lessons from that bear—which one means the most to you?
I think my favorite is #8, with #9 coming in at a close second. : )
- Always do your morning exercises—go up, down, touch the ground.
- No matter how busy you may be, always spend some time in your thotful (the bear’s spelling) spot—adventuring with friends is always a grand time, but never underestimate the power of a bit of you time.
- Never take advantage of a dear friend’s hospitality. A small smackerel is not the same thing as a hefty helping.
- Life can be surprising. Don’t just expect the unexpected—embrace it. Resilience is key. Go with the flow and adapt to life’s pounces.
- Indulge in a bear nap every once in a while—it takes a lot of energy to be you.
- Life happens. Sometimes the best thing to do is take a deep breath and shrug it off with an “oh, bother.”
- Spend time getting acquainted with nature—hunny has to come from somewhere after all.
- Love everyone unconditionally. Make all creatures feel welcomed and wanted—you never know how much it may mean to them.
- When in doubt, lunch—lunch is a wonderful thing.
- Stay afloat by any means possible. Life can be stressful at times, but an optimistic attitude and a carefree disposition can go a long way. Never give up, there’s always hunny waiting for you at the end of a long day.
Do you need someone to talk to? CHC can help. We invite you to call or email our Care Managers at 650.688.3625 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a free 30-minute consultation.